We are a full service public affairs agency in Washington, DC with expertise in designing and executing winning issue advocacy, legislative, grassroots, and reputation management campaigns. We work on a range of high-profile issues, including immigration, anti-trust, labor, data privacy, and civil rights.
We are looking for a talented and motivated lead designer. The successful candidate must be a hands-on leader with excellent communication skills and maximize the talents of the team.
As the Design Director, you will:
- Work closely with our digital and communications teams to deliver engaging and innovative work that meets the expectations of our clients. We’re looking for somebody who can design for a range of media, including but not limited to social media graphics, digital ads, mail pieces, websites, reports, infographics, documents, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Manage, inspire, and mentor the design team to create beautiful work and assess and ensure the quality of products on an ongoing basis.
- Help develop and oversee the development of NP marketing materials, including proposals, reports, and infographics.
- Guide the expansion of a newly-formed in-house brand and create processes to ensure all products are within brand guidelines.
- 3+ years in a senior creative role with hands-on designing and art direction experience
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communications skills for:
- In-house design feedback
- Outward-facing conversations with clients to explain the logic behind creative strategy and design choices
- Working with contractors/vendors
- Ability to work fast and offer creative solutions
- Data visualization experience and data based storytelling
- Able to write graphic copy when needed and copy edit longer form presentations
- After Effects and video editing skills a plus
To apply please provide a brief cover letter, resume, and online portfolio to email@example.com
New Paradigm Strategy Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.