New Paradigm Strategy Group, a D.C.-based communications and public affairs consulting firm, is seeking a resourceful and organized Communications Assistant with strong writing, research, and interpersonal skills to join our team.
A firm rooted in politics, public affairs, and campaigns, New Paradigm executes rapid-response style communications in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Candidates must have the ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, interface with clients, and balance multiple projects at once.
They should possess strong oral and written communication skills, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, and sound political instincts. To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, e-mails, media advisories, opinion pieces, social media posts)
- Monitor, collect, and organize daily press clips
- Organize logistics on behalf of press conferences
- Create new graphics and designs
- Pitch upcoming client events to relevant media
- Conduct issue-specific research
- Help manage client relationships and day-to-day client needs
- Assist in office operations (e.g. cross-departmental communications, schedule coordination)
- 1-3 years communications experience
- Spanish language proficiency strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort interfacing with clients and media
- Commitment to progressive causes and issues
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Paid vacation/sick days
- Competitive salary offered based upon experience
New Paradigm Strategy Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.