New Paradigm Strategy Group, a D.C.-based communications and public affairs consulting firm, is seeking a resourceful and organized Bilingual Media Communications Assistant with strong writing, research, and interpersonal skills to join our team.
A firm rooted in politics and campaigns, New Paradigm executes rapid-response style communications in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Candidates must have the ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, interface with clients, and balance multiple projects at once.
They should possess strong Spanish language, oral, and written communication skills; exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; and sound political instincts. A demonstrated interested in immigration related work preferred. To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Draft and edit English and Spanish language communications copy (e.g. press releases, e-mails, media advisories, opinion pieces, social media posts
- Translate press releases and opinion pieces between English and Spanish
- Monitor, collect, and organize daily press clips
- Organize logistics on behalf of press conferences
- Create new graphics and designs
- Pitch upcoming client events to relevant English and Spanish language media
- Conduct issue-specific research
- Help manage client relationships and day-to-day client needs
Assist with basic office functions to include light clerical work, ordering/maintaining office supplies and scheduling the partners
- Out of school – 2 years communications experience
- Strong Spanish language skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort interfacing with clients and media
- Commitment to progressive causes and issues
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Paid vacation/sick days
- Competitive salary offered based upon experience
New Paradigm Strategy Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.